26 January 2012

What does the winter bring, if not another spring!


Is it possible to revive a frozen heart?
(charcoal, pencil, and color pencils)
This is a drawing that I have worked very intensely on the last week.  It's close to my heart in many ways. At first, I wanted to do something more colorful, but now it turned out much darker and got some gothic feel to it.
The cold breath of winter is icing through the landscape and the girl´s heart pendant is dripping with blood. For now, her heart´s desire will lay dormant. Only the melting snow in spring can wash away what once was and ease the inner turmoils. It´ll be the start of something new!
I´m no Monet, that´s for sure! Otherwise I could have rendered the different shades of the white of the snow more exact and in some impressionistic manner. The folds of the dress are bearable. I´d have loved to add some more fluffy quality to winter´s icing sugar. And on top of that, I absolutely need to learn more about coloring and human body structure.To remedy this, I have the intention to follow one or another drawing course this year……it´s some kind of resolutionJ
So long and may your muse always be with you,
Your Art Fairy





No comments:

Post a Comment