26 January 2012

The taste of summer


The merry berry connection: Blueberry yogurt cream
"I found my thrill, on Blueberry Hill..." I'm pretty sure this song isn't about blueberries, but every time I hear it, all that comes to mind is a huge amount of those berries waiting to kiss my taste buds. And no, I didn´t get the season wrong! It´s just, that the longing for summer is my constant companion…I dream of it even if I´m wide awake. I´m already making plans for this summer and just the idea of it lightens my mood in the darkest hours. So here, I present you with my personal taste of summer. And what is your favourite taste of summer? Share your toughts!



For 4 glasses
Active time: 20 minutes
·         150 g deep-frozen blueberries
·         250 ml apple juice
·         2 tablespoons sugar
·         1 teaspoon cornflour
·         500 g yogurt
·         200 g whipping cream
·         1 package vanilla sugar
·         1 tablespoon flaked almonds
1.  Boil up blueberries, apple juice and sugar.

2.  Smooth the cornflour with 3 tablespoons water. Pour it into the blueberries and  stir for 1 minute while boiling.

3.  Put yogurt and 4 tablespoons blueberry compote into a high bowl and puree with a stick blender. Arrange in four glasses.

4.  Whisk the whipping cream until firm, add the vanilla sugar and put the mix into a piping bag.

5.  Pipe it on the blueberry cream. Add compote, whipped cream and flaked almonds or single blueberries to decorate. Serve cold.

Per glass (what you absolutely need to know while sinning):
265 calories, 16 g fat, 21 g carbohydrates, 7 g protein
Bon appétit and happy sinning,
Your Kitchen Fairy

No comments:

Post a Comment